We are pleased to announce, starting Monday 3rd July 2017, that Ely Runners will hold their 13th ‘Run England’ 10-week beginners course ending in a 5k Cambridge parkrun at Milton Country Park
- When: Mondays (7:00pm – 8:00pm) for 10 consecutive weeks.
- Where: Paradise Centre, Ely
- Cost: The 10-week course will cost £20 – Refunded to you if you join our club!
- Restrictions: 16+ only (U16 can try running with the club’s junior section)
The course is aimed to help new runners take up the sport or lapsed runners return to the sport.
Our aim is to help people become involved in running to improve fitness and health in a friendly and social environment. Running is not just for the elite and the beginner course is designed to bring those completely new or returning to running from a breathless fast walk to a comfortable jogging pace.
All of our sessions will be held by qualified UKA (United Kingdom Athletics) trained coaches, who are trained to take you through many aspects of running. Our coaches are also very experienced runners in their own right and will be happy to share their knowledge and experiences.
In particular, the course is aimed to help beginners:
- Improve health & fitness and sense of well-being
- Get into better shape
- Prepare to take part in races such as ‘Race for life’ (5k)
- Have the opportunity to meet like-minded people at a similar fitness-level
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to register your interest.